Re: No guns for our airline pilots ......

Well said, Joe.

I feel that if you trust a pilot to an aircraft carrying hundreds of people and
cargo that may be worth hundreds of thousands dollars, then you can trust him
with a simple tool to help prevent hijackings.   It works for El Al. If it's
good enough for them, then it is good enough for us.

To those out reading this who oppose guns in the cockpit: Get your friggin'
head out of the sand and look around.  The only way to fight these terrorists
is with force.  Yes, I know this statement offend some.  If it does, then good -
 it's time to get your head. Had the pilots been armed last year, the death
toll would have been way less than thousands. With any luck, it would have been
just 19 stupid Musilims who, in their last moments on earth, would have
realized they just lost their chance to get 72 virgins in paradise.

David Ross