Re: No guns for our airline pilots ......

Easy Joe,
US is not the only country that has been hit by terrorism and you know that.
Let's keep the subject confined to the guns in the cockpit.
Unfortunately, who ever came up with this, is thinking retroactively.
Look at the incidence with El AL flying to Istanbul and how the terrorist
was subdued by the pax and the security guard.

Look at the ShoeBomber case, and see how pax and the F/As pulled together
and subdued him. I 'm all in favor of the fortified cockpit doors as that
will isolate the flight crew at the cockpit, help them to concentrate on
what they are supposed to do : fly the airplane.

The pax will take care if any other kind of perpetrator in the cabin,
believe me.

And the saddest part is terrorists are out smarting us once again. They
knew they couldn't get in the Arkia flight out of Kenya, and they used the
shoulder fired missiles. Do you think that the guns in the cockpit used
by pilots would help?

I just don't see the reason why we should arm ourselves to the teeth when
we're the ONLY Western nation in the World that is already armed like
the cowboys in western movies..

BAHA ACUNER - CFI,CFII,MEI
Fan of spaghetti westerns
www.bahadiracuner.com