Re: Alternative to Vancouver International

Boundary Bay - CZBB  http://www.czbb.com/
it's about 15kms away from CYVR. (Big GA field, 3rd largest # of
movements in Canada (after CYYZ and CYVR.)

Or Abbotsford; CYXX http://www.flyabby.com/
It's about 65kms away from CYVR. Commercial flights from Westjet/AC
make there way through and YXX is also sometimes a staging ground for
Boeing deliveries for tax purposes. First class runways and decent
storage sometimes hosts an odd collection of birds. Not sure what is
there at the moment, but CP stored some old DC-10s for a while.

There is also a small field in Langley, BC (CYNJ), about 40kms east.
http://www.langleyairport.bc.ca/ Pure GA, some chopper works. Kinda
dull. Cute McDonalds across the street.

And depending on where you are headed, there is also Pitt Meadows
Airport about 45kms east-north east of CYVR, on the north shore and
somewhat isolated. Big field though with only a few coyotes to contend
with.

Hope this helps.

Matthew