Re: Sparks Fly When Flight Lands At JFK

Which is much less than the contract of carriage should of provided you.

Most airlines offer something along the following lines:

If a flight is cancelled or delayed due to a fault of the airline (not
weather/ATC), AND the airlines offered re-routing gets you into your
destination greater than 2 hours from your originally scheduled arrival
time, you can request a re-routing on another airline (with an
available seat), or in some cases some cash.

If you bought a a ticket, you formed a contract for the airline to get
you from point-a to point-b within some parameters. If your violate the
contract (by not showing up), you forfeit the monies paid... but if the
airline violates the contract, there are terms as well.

I've pushed it. Going DCA->OMA and weather in ORD required UAL to
cancel the ORD->OMA connection. UAL claimed "weather" and booked me
into a flight that was 10 hours later. I said I bought a ticket and
formed a contract for passage DCA->OMA, but UAL chose to route me
through ORD.

I got a ride on Midwest Express for a direct DCA-OMA flight, at UAL's
expense.

While I have sympathies for UAL, some moron decided to make ORD their
hub!

Matthew