Re: Airlines cutting food quality and quantity, critics say

...This past weekend:

DTW-SFO (4 1/2 hours) NW A320 -Mini Turkey Sandwich
(finished even before the drink cart got there, and 2
Oreo Cookies. NO second run-thru with beverage
service! Piss-poor for an afternoon flight!

SFO-DTW (Breakfast Flight) NW B757 A bit better. Total
Cereal, Bagel, Creme Cheese, Banana........Yes, second
beverage service!

--- Roger & Amanda La France <lafrance@verizon.net>

<http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/default.asp?siteid=excite&dist=excite>

<http://money.excite.com/jsp/qt/full.jsp?symbol_search_text=DAL>

<http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/newsheadlinebysymbol.jsp?symbol_search_t

<http://money.excite.com/jsp/qt/full.jsp?symbol_search_text=CAL>

<http://money.excite.com/jsp/qt/full.jsp?symbol_search_text=UAL>
> UAL:

<http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/newsheadlinebysymbol.jsp?symbol_search_t
> ext=UAL> news) are receiving high marks on the site
> lately, says owner
> Marco t'Hart of Rotterdam, Holland. "Also, I noticed
> that marks for the
> more recent meals of United are higher than those
> for the older pics."
>
> Peanuts, really
>
> How much are airlines saving with the frugal gourmet
> approach?
> Apparently, not that much.
>
> Food is a minute part of airline operation costs,
> though every bit helps
> in the current climate, says Ray Neidl, airline
> analyst with Blaylock &
> Part. "The only way it would be really a big savings
> is if they
> eliminate the galley altogether and put in more
> seats."
>
> Down the road, Stempler says passengers may be lucky
> to get any
> complimentary food at all. "It may be dependent on
> what kind of ticket
> you buy. The more expensive the ticket, the more
> likely you are to be
> fed."
>

> ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C26C38.7209ABC0
> http://custom.marketwatch.com/1.gif

R0lGODlhAQABAIABAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAAAICTAEAOw==