This story came up on Airliners.net news search

Air Jordan — One More Return Flight
Michael Jordan Returning to Wizards for Second Season

By Joseph White
The Associated Press

W A S H I N G T O N, Sept. 26 — Michael Jordan plans to play anothe=
r season with the Washington Wizards, saying he's physically and mentally=
 ready to return for the second year of his contract with the team.
 =

 =

  Print This Page =

  Email This Page =

  See Most Sent
 =

 =

 =

 =

• Exclusive: Man Says He was Central Park Rapist =

• Questions About Your Sex Life? E-Mail Us =

• Is the Denim Craze Too Much of a Good Thing? =

 =

 =

"My love for the game of basketball continues to drive my decision," he s=
aid in a statement released today by the Wizards. "Physically I am feelin=
g very strong, and feel that the steps I took in the off-season have allo=
wed me to return to the game in great condition."
Jordan, 39, averaged 22.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.2 assists for the Wi=
zards last season, his first since retiring from the Chicago Bulls 3 =BD =
years earlier.

Jordan has averaged 31 points during his career, which includes 13 All-St=
ar appearances and six championships with the Bulls. =

Injuries Plagued First Season Back

Jordan missed 22 games with knee problems last season, but said during th=
e off-season that he planned to fulfill his two-year contract with the Wi=
zards if he felt physically able. This season will be his 15th in the NBA=
=2E

Wizards coach Doug Collins has said he plans to use Jordan off the bench =
for the first time in his career. But in his statement, Jordan said, "No =
decisions have been made as to my exact role on the team."

The Wizards were active in the off-season, acquiring Jerry Stackhouse in =
a trade with the Detroit Pistons and signing Larry Hughes, a free agent f=
rom the Golden State Warriors. =

 =

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material m=
ay not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.  =

Roger
EWROPS