ALPA's Chris Beebe Named to US Airways Board

ALPA's Chris Beebe Named to US Airways Board

     ARLINGTON, Va., Sept. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways Group Inc.
today announced that Capt. Chris Beebe has been added to the board of
directors.
    Beebe, chairman of US Airways' Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) Master
Executive Council (MEC), becomes the 13th member of the board and is the first
of three representatives of US Airways' labor groups that will be included on
the board.
    "We welcome the perspective that Chris brings to our board of directors.
ALPA has worked hard to balance the needs of our pilots with the Company's
business objectives, and we look forward to Chris' continued contributions,"
said David Siegel, US Airways president and chief executive officer.
    Beebe has been with US Airways since 1981.  In addition to his role as
ALPA MEC Chairman, he also was chairman of ALPA's negotiating committee; MEC
vice chairman and treasurer; and chairman of ALPA's legislative affairs
committee.
    As a veteran US Airways pilot, Beebe has flown the BAC-111, DC-9, MD-80
and B-737 aircraft.  He graduated from Penn State University in 1974 with a
bachelor of science degree in biology.  Beebe is married with three children
and resides in Newtown, Pa.

Roger
EWROPS