Re: DB Air

From: <damiross2@attbi.com>

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 2:38 PM

> Okay, here's my mantra about "old" aircraft.
> The aircraft is x years old - that doesn't mean it ain't
> a good aircraft.  There's a good possibility that there
> isn't a single piece of original equipment on the
> aircraft because of all of the major overhauls done on
> it over the years.
> The aircraft is fully depreciated, allowing it to have
> some financial operating efficiencies that a new
> aircraft doesn't have. In other words, it may use more
> fuel but other operating costs are less and offset the
> fuel costs.

<snip>
If it doesn't have structural damage that has not been adequately repaired.
It is my view that both the Taiwanese B747-200 and the American A300-600
probably came apart because of damage suffered decades earlier.

Gerry
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pollock/263/egypt/egypt.html