When is the "long security lines" myth going to die?

I'm curious when the myth that security lines are so long that they are
deterring passengers from flying myth going to end. It seems that the
press constantly site this as a major reason people aren't flying.

I travel twice a week, at peak times on many of those occasions, and
don't see them. While I fly through ORD, IAD, SEA, PDX, not out of, I
still take note of the length of the lines. Nothing! They are far
better than 13 months ago.

This evening out of ATL, the busiest airport in the world, the line-up
was a minute or two for the T-gates, and *none* for the A/B/C/D/E
concourses. This is at 4pm-5pm Friday, right before the fabled and
massive 5:30-6pm Delta "push" as the ATC folks call it.

Now the line up for the Starbucks in ORD is an awesome sight. 5-10
minutes long of folks looking for their latte's at 6am.

Matthew