AA Flyover

Here at MIA I saw a AA 737 on short final to 9R. Then, just when I was
thinking the jet was a little too high, I expected to see it do one of  those
go arounds so common here. Instead, it flew the length of 9R at slow speed
with gear down.
I hope this was connected to last year, because it was , quite a very classy
act, very touching.
Was this then, an isolated act, or was this done elsewere?
rgds,
DM