Re: UAL New Routes?

To be honest, I do not think so.  I foresee additional service cuts for
UA, including dropping more unprofitable routes.  I personally think
that in the long run, U.S-India commerce and travel will be increasingly
important and valuable, so eventually they may restart service, but
probably not for quite a while.  I do know that direct service from the
West Coast to India would be *very* popular among a number of my Indian
friends and colleagues in the Bay Area.  (SFO-DEL is 7700 miles, which
is a viable route.)  Even onward service from Tokyo to Delhi would be
very cool.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@postmodern.com