Re: Can someone explain this picture?

There's been several cases of aircraft being bombed.
Here's a couple:
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/w551101.htm - John Graham
placed a bomb aboard a UAL DC6 in his mother's luggage
in order to collect a $37,500 life insurance policy on
her.  All 44 people aboard were killed.  He showed no
remorse for the crime and was executed a year later.
(November 1, 1955)

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/w620522.htm - A bomb
exploded aboard a CO Boeing 707, killing all 45 people
aboard.  This was the first known case of sabotage
aboard a commercial jet airliner.  The bomb was believed
to have been carried aboard by a passenger in a suicide-
for-insurance plot. (May 22, 1962)