JFK trip (DL screw up, I love UA, mysteries airplanes at JFK , and more)

Mine is not going to be a trip report, but a collection of comments,
experiences, and questions.

Flew to JFK to meet mom flying from IST on DL 73.
Took UA 1051 SEA-SFO, UA 206 SFO-IAD and UA 7196 IAD - JFK.

        SEA-SFO flight was 40 minutes late as it is always the
case with SFO flights. But it was an OK trip since I made my
connection fine.

On the SFO-IAD trip I expected a 762, but it turned out to be
a 763. I had the bulkhead seat on the right side, and it was
comfy enough that I slept all night. I heard the F/As talk
about the concessions , etc during the take off phase of the
flight. This was the only flight where we didn't have Ch.9 on.
It kind of sucked because I wanted to listen to Dulles Approach,
my old home turf :)

Flight 7196 was operated by ACA. It's been about 3-4 years
since I have been on these J41s. I forgot how uncomfortable
they are. I am guessing that ACA is not putting more money
in these anymore as they are supposed to leave the fleet by
the end of the year.

DL73 was about an hour and a half late coming in from IST.
Finally met mom at the arrival area, to find out that she
was put on the economy class even though she had a confirmed
Business Elite seat assigned to her. Now I have to deal
with DL on top of the screw up that US did last week.

We stayed in NYC area that night so that she can rest for
the day. Taking a 6 hr flight to SEA would be pretty bad
for a 70 year old after getting off a 11 hr long flight.

The following day we were booked on UA 25 , a non-stop
service to SEA. This is an A320 service that does the
SEA-JFK run in the morning, turns around in an hour and
goes back to SEA. The flight was full in F class and
50% full in the economy as it was the middle of the travel
weekend.

REMARKS :
- UAL flights were all full except the JFK-SEA flight.
I think UAL is a great airline, and as long as it can
keep its costs down, then it can survive. I want them
to.

- My fiancé was traveling SEA-IAD-SEA the same weekend
and she took united for the first time. She also liked
them a lot compared to Continental, America West,
USlessAir, and Northwest she took within last year.
We both like United 's service, Northwest comes second.

- JFK is still a big mess, and finally the Air Train
will become operational I was told.

QUESTIONS :
- Who are the owners of white 747s in JFK that sit
there sans titles. From the color scheme I will go
ahead and speculate that Polar Air.

- Saw Air France Cargo 747 land, are these converted
or original cargo planes? (Sorry no tail numbers)

- How many Star Alliance 767s does United have?
I saw one in IAD on the 30th and one doing the
SFO run in JFK the following day..

BAHA
Fan of United making it happen