Re: My Summer

In a message dated 8/19/02 12:58:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
gfoley@columbus.rr.com writes:

> I'm not quite clear as to your present activity.  Are you flying (if you
> want to say if you're getting paid for it, go ahead, but I'm not asking
> (:-))?

No problem Gerry,
       Yes, I am still gainfully employed as a Captain, I have been sitting
reserve since February, however, we just announced a big batch of ERJ
training classes and recalled all but 62 of our 207 furloughs so I might hold
a line by the end of the year.  I have been doing a lot of airport reserve
which actually made me more money (at least in hours of pay credit) than if I
had been flying a line, but not much flying time.  I have flown only about
400 hours in the last 12 months, which Baha can probably beat.  most of it
has been Captain time but I do fly as First Officer (as I did yesterday),
because of the current situation based on Sept. 11.  As a company we have
faired well (relatively speaking) in the last year.  That said, we have
turned on the seatbelt sign, locked the shoulder harnesses, and turned on the
thunderstorm lighting because the next year is going to be interesting thanks
to the arrival of the ERJ-145s to be operated under our own code but branded
as American Connection.  These aircraft are former American Eagle aircraft
and they are not happy about it.  The kicker is we all belong to ALPA so it
will be interesting to see where this all ends up.
       Also, just announced that as of 1 November the first three jets will
enter service by taking over all service to Moline, IL (KMLI) (10 flights
total, six jet, four turboprop) and starting five flights a day to Charlotte,
NC (KCLT).  If anybody has questions, feel free to post them or private
e-mail and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Proud to be an American,
Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain
STL