Thanks for Nothing

Now that US Airways is bankrupt and United Airlines is following its vapor
trail into the abyss of insolvency, here's a question worth asking: What
happened to all that money we gave the ailing airline industry after Sept.
11? Congress allocated $15 billion to save the carriers after the terrorist
attacks, of which $5 billion were outright grants. Of that, US Airways
pocketed $287 million and United took $724 million. Are these airlines going
down and taking our tax dollars with them?

Read more at http://www.elliott.org/vault/oped/2002/thanks.htm