Re: Profitiable Airlines ?

MGM Grand Air tried this a few years ago.  They failed
but it may have been more of a timing thing.  They used
DC-8's and 727's.  I think it would be possible now
using the "regional" jets on routes such of up to 1,000
miles and 737 BBJ/Airbus 319CJ on the coast-to-coast
routes.
NYC/LA would be a good route (and the route MGM used)
because of the overpaid/underbrained/status seeking
movie "stars" that fly between the 2 cities.

David