Re: Infrequent Flying

  http://smail.info - free e-mail service, smtp, pop3, imap4, ssl !

On Wednesday, August 14, 2002, at 08:21  AM, DZTOPS@aol.com wrote:

> Esp if you use a certain credit card and a certain
> long distance phone carrier and hotel and rental car partners
> and..........

These can go a long way to help... especially the credit cards.  And
some offer benefits that really make them worth it.  For example, the
$135/year Delta SkyMiles Platinum card from American Express comes with
a free companion certificate each year you renew the card.  That alone
will make the $135/year fee worth it, especially if you use it on an
expensive trip (as my parents did last year, Honolulu to Boston).  And
using this card for virtually everything you buy (groceries, gas for the
car, etc) can really add up.

With the other things (phone, car, hotel), I don't usually go out of my
way to use a mileage partner, but that will certainly help sway my vote
in case of a tie (for example, Dollar Rent a Car is a Delta partner but
Budget is not, so if Dollar and Budget are charging the same, I'd go
with Dollar).

--
David Mueller / HNL
davidm@smail.info