Re: PIA

David,
You are right. Although the routes you'd have are more likely to get
crosswinds than head/tail winds, I would think -- and even that would
spell trouble. But where's your adventuring spirit -- what's wrong with a
few days in the Northwest Territories? Must be better than the Chicago
freeways. Or, how about midair refueling? Give the passengers something to
look forward to :-). Actually, I've been on an Airbus 320 (319, 321?) from
Washngton Dulles to Portland that had to make a fuel stop in Minneapolis,
and a friend of mine had to make a fuel stop in Billings on a 737 from
Chicago to Portland. (both of these in winter)

Our provost just flew to Perth last week; one leg was San Francisco to
Sydney of 6445 nm.

This is broaching the topic we had last year of the longest non-stop
route. I forget the answer.

john

--
John F. Kurtzke, C.S.C.