Re: If Baha and I lost....

On 12 Aug 2002 at 16:53, Nick Laflamme wrote:

> Suppose the TSA accepts the simple-minded premise that ethnic and religious
> profiling should be used to screen airline passengers.

As much as it goes against everything of which this country was founded and as
repugnant as the thought is, one cannot deny that there are many many people of a
dangerous warped philosophy that share in overwhelming numbers several obvious
physical characteristics. This cannot be denied. Couple the obvious commonality in
certain traits with the degree of hatred and possible death and destruction that can
be caused, it is very easy to be led along this path of profiling for security measures.
It is quite conceivable, when looked at in the global perspective, that the very
quality of life we enjoy, if not our existence as a free democratic nation, is in grave
peril.

Like it or not, agree with it or not, this cannot be denied.

Look at from another perspective: My 4 year old has chicken pox. What was my first
thought? Smallpox.

Who, even 1 year ago, would have thought that?

mailto:jgivens@comcast.net

A random MP quote:
"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"