Re: Kid's 2-inch gun seized

...I have a security question re this topic for the
group...

Back in April, Mary and I flew back from ZRH to ATL
via DFW on AA....After claiming bags and going thru
customs at DFW, we proceeded down a hall to baggage
recheck. I had filched some menus and stuff off the
flight (OK, so shoot me) that I didn't want to carry
in my hand baggage, so I opened up my checked baggage
there in the hallway and stuffed the collectibles in
my checked baggage....Went to re-check and got rid of
the stuff.

What was to keep me from retrieving a knife or other
weapon out of my checked baggage? Don't remember
seeing anyone watching me, or any cameras
around....Seems like to me, this is a very open
loophole for anyone so inclined....

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA