Kid's 2-inch gun seized

When are we going to wake up and stop taking this shit
from the gestapo idiots at the airport?  Do some real
security - profile passengers and get rid of the fucking
shitheads that have no common sense and get the federal
government out of the airport security business.  Turn
it back over to the states and cities where it belongs!!

Kid's 2-inch gun seized
By BOB GRAHAM
Online Sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002360334,00.html/

AIRPORT security staff confiscated a TWO-INCH plastic
gun from a toy soldier, it was revealed yesterday.

British tourist Judy Powell, 55, bought a GI Joe doll in
America as a gift for her seven-year-old grandson George.

Security officials at Los Angeles airport found the toy —
 similar to Action Man — when they searched Judy’s bags
before she boarded a flight to London.

Then they took the figure out of its box and confiscated
its tiny replica Armalite rifle.

Judy revealed: “They examined the toy as if it was going
to shoot them.

“Then they asked me if there were toy grenades as well.
I thought they were joking, but they weren’t smiling —
they were deadly serious.”

Judy, from Walton-on-the-Hill, Surrey, added: “I
couldn’t believe it.

“I can understand them wanting to ban weapons or things
that look like weapons, but surely common sense has to
take over at some point.

“I was really angry at first because of the absurdity of
the situation, but then I saw the funny side and
realised it was simple lunacy.

“The whole world is going mad if we resort to such
stupid measures.”

Judy, who bought Beanie Babies for her other
grandchildren, joked: “At least THEY weren’t subjected
to body searches.”

George’s mum Becky, 29, said the lad was “really upset”
when he realised his GI Joe had been disarmed.

She said: “Even though he’s seven years old George knew
the toy was missing an important part.

“I explained what had happened, but he just kept shaking
his head saying it was silly and ‘Don’t those people
understand the gun was a toy? and couldn’t shoot’.”

Airport security has been tightened since the terrorist
attacks of September 11, and airlines can now ban
anything resembling a weapon.

Security chiefs at Los Angeles airport said: “We have
instructions to confiscate anything that looks like a
weapon or a replica.

“If GI Joe was carrying a replica then it had to be
taken from him.”