Re: AMR posts $495 mln loss, warns of more losses

On 17 Jul 2002 at 17:24, W Wilson wrote:

> "Our bad financial results come at a time when we are doing a very good
> job as an airline," Donald Carty, AMR's chairman and chief executive,
> said in a taped message to employees.

I would hate to see the financial results if they were doing a very bad job as an airline.....

Why do I have the feeling that there is going to be another round of mergers....with only a
compounding of the financial woes.

Bring in some rational fare structures, treat customers like you actually want their
business, and get rid of employees who think "service" is a verb involving private body
parts.  You wouldn't find an empty seat on those airplanes!!

But would such a thing actually occur??  Good question.  Which US airline is the most
likely to actually do that?  And which would be the least likely.

My votes - American and United, respectively.