Re: UAL warns employees of possible Chapter 11 filing

In a message dated 8/2/02 11:22:37 PM !!!First Boot!!!, lafrance@verizon.net
writes:

<< "For the first six months of the year, the average load factor across the
system was 73 percent," United CEO Jack Creighton told employees in an
internal message. "However, just to break even, just to stop losing money,
our load factor needed to be 89 percent.

I think an
89%load factor is not a resonable goal---As I understand those kind of
figures anything over 75% means that many flights ave overbooked ( many
heavly overbooked) as there are always flights in the system (late night
positioning flights for example on routes that would appeal to almost no one)
that usually run almost empty.......
Dennis