Aleong to meet pilots Monday

Trinidad Guardian

British West Indian Airways CEO Conrad Aleong has confirmed the airline has
been affected financially by the apparent sickout by pilots. Aleong briefly
spoke of the problems at the Joint President's luncheon of the Caribbean
Association of Industry and Commerce and the T&T Manufacturing Association
yesterday. "We are having some financial problems. Yes, they are serious,
but we are not without solutions," Aleong said. He promised that they will
find a way to fix the problems, but declined to say what the planned
solutions were.  Aleong said the situation with the pilots had "settled
down quiet nicely." Both the Aviation Communication and Allied Workers
Trade Union and the T&T Airline Pilots Association have denied that their
members have been carrying out any industrial action, but Aleong said he
will hold consultations with the pilots on Monday to rectify any problems.
He said what ever problems there were, were being created by a small group
of pilots but the situation will soon be cleared up.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)
escape email mailto:ejames@escape.ca
Trinbago site: http://www.tntisland.com
CBC Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(Queen's Hall) http://queenshall.org/
(Queen'sHall)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://search.co.tt