Security... Big hole.. Airport lounges

Just watched something interesting (YVR cross-border Maple Leaf Lounge.)

A family was having an issue where two small children wouldn=B9t eat apple=B9s
with the skin on. Mother was having a hard time peeling the skin with a
plastic knife. She asked for, and promptly received what looked like (based
on the way it sliced the apple skin) an extremely sharp paring knife.

It=B9s also quite busy and I=B9m sure the lounge agent doesn=B9t have as part of
her routine to account for the individual knives in the lounge kitchen.

The family is flying on a United 757 to Denver I believe, and there is no
security check-points left unless they are spot-checked at the gate.

My solution would of been to offer them a banana, but that obviously never
crossed any one=B9s mind.

Matthew