Re: El Al probing 2nd July 4 attack, in Russia, as also terrorist

----- Original Message -----
From: <MB280SL@aol.com>
To: <AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: El Al probing 2nd July 4 attack, in Russia, as also terrorist

> Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East

This is wrong. Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen and Egypt are democracies. "Palestine"
is also a democracy, as Arafat was elected by the Palestinian people. Even
countries like Jordan and Iran have varying degrees of democracy and
democractic institutions in place.

> and deserves the support of the entire freedom-loving world.

This is opinion. There are lines to be drawn on where "support" should and
shouldn't be driven, and my opinion is that Israel (like factions in
Palestine) has stepped over that line.