Re: What goes around could come around

I put up a motion that we rename to airline-and-theology101@listserv.cuny.edu
Does anyone second this motion?

> In a message dated 7/9/02 12:47:59 AM
> damiross@attbi.com
> writes:
>
> << US Christian pro-life extremists," as you say, are not terrorists.
>  These people are trying to save humans, not kill them like the
> terrorists of
>  the middle east. >>

You are actually wrong here.

Terrorism is defined as an act of violence, or perceived act of violence, which
is carried out against persons or property, to attempt to bring change to a
society.

Those so-called "Christian" extremists who kill doctors and patients at
abortion clinics, are in fact terrorists. Like it or not, they are terrorists.

The man I most admire, and who would be undoubtedly the greatest person of the
last few hundred years, Madiba is theoretically a terrorist.

Palestinians killing Israelis in suicide bombings is terrorism. Israeli
invasions into Palestinian territories is terrorism. Blowing up of government
installations in apartheid South Africa is terrorism. Perceived actions by
America against Iraq is terrorism.  Because they all use violent acts to bring
change to a society, whether you agree with the actions or not, they are all
terrorism.

Understand?