Re: El Al probing 2nd July 4 attack, in Russia, as also terrorist

In a message dated 07/07/2002 8:14:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
scotty@aviatsiya.ru writes:

> Cmon......terrorism. Wouldn't want to get the facts first and then make an
> unemotional and informed judgement after an investigation.
>=20
>=20

Federal Bureau of Investigation officials said they believe that 41-year-old=
=20
Hesham Mohamed Hedayet, who moved to the United States from Egypt 10 years=20
ago, approached the El Al ticket counter carrying a Glock .45-caliber pistol=
,=20
a Glock 9mm pistol and a 6-inch knife. The suspect "had extra ammunition and=
=20
magazines ready to go," said Matt McLaughlin, an FBI spokesman.
  =20
 There was a bumper sticker on the front door of the apartment that said, "
Read the Quran."   =20
  =20
Sherrina Thurman, a neighbor in the Woodbridge Pines Apartments, said that=20
Hedayet seemed to be a devout Muslim whose family kept to themselves.   =20
  =20
Police were investigating a rumor among neighbors that Hedayet was annoyed b=
y=20
the presence of the American flag, and Marine Corps flag, that hung from an=20
apartment above his first floor dwelling.   =20
  =20
She said his wife and two children, left on vacation earlier this week.   =20
  =20
   "had extra ammunition and magazines ready to go,"

"It seems like terrorism. It looks like terrorism," Israel=E2=80=99s consul=20=
general=20
in Los Angeles, Yuval Rotem, told a news conference. "The way it was=20
conducted was very much similar to previous attacks at El Al counters=20
throughout European countries. And therefore given this history we presume=20
that it may be, and would appear to be, a terrorist attack."=20
  =20
The FBI said Hedayet appeared to be acting alone when he opened fire with th=
e=20
.45-caliber handgun. "We=E2=80=99ve never said it=E2=80=99s not terrorism,"=20=
McLaughlin said.=20
"We can=E2=80=99t rule that out, but there=E2=80=99s nothing to indicate any=
one else was=20
involved."   =20
  =20
  =20
ha ha ha hoo ha hee hee    right        "not every incident is a 'terrorist'=
=20
attack"=20
"we don't know anything about the dead man who walked into the airport and a=
t=20
the El Al counter started spraying bullets at everybody (only dead are El Al=
=20
employees)...but it isn't terrorism"      oh, did we forget to mention he wa=
s=20
an Egyptian who practiced Islam?  we must've not known it yet          ha ha=
=20
hardy har

Well anyway, he had to pick July 4th to do this.. he had to pick an=20
airport..(raising the spectre of 911), and to date I don't think the FBI has=
=20
connected Timothy McViegh to any known "terrorist organization" "cells", yet=
=20
what he did...without much in the way of explanation from HIM...is called=20
(rightly), a terrorist act.
=20