The Many Lives of America West

In a message dated 7/2/02 5:00:04 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
bahadiracuner@yahoo.com writes:

> Also, nobody mentioned about the morale of the America West people and
> the new management that started to make things better for this airline.
> All the hard work of the new management and the airline to turn the company

Not gone, but currently on hold.  It was refreshing to hear AmWest mgmt
talking to the press about their zero tolerance policy on cockpit alcohol.
Contrast this to the sorry days of Bill Franke's regime when company
spokespersons were few and far between.  This airline is like a cat with nine
lives and I think they'll get past this latest faux pas just fine.  And in
case you hadn't notice, thanks to Capt Jim Beam and F/O Jack Daniels, the
heat is off Southwest's "Fatties Don't Fly Free" policy!

RT Simpson
Phoenix