Delta makes me so damn mad

This makes no sense to me.  I have 200K miles on DL and still get "sorry =
your class of ticket can't be upgraded on your ticket" response when I =
fly with them.  I am almost to the point of giving up altogether.  I =
never get that type of response from UA and I don't have as many miles =
with them.  And now, to sell someone an upgrade instead of giving it to =
their top travelers.  This makes no sense.  I flew from LGA-DFW-AMA last =
week on a B752.  First class had five people in it and nobody on the =
upgrade list.  Guess what, they would not let me upgrade.  However, they =
did give me the first seat in coach.  They served one drink round and =
went to the back of the a/c for the rest of the flight.  Damn, they make =
me so mad.  I don't understand how DL can be retaining customers with =
service like this.

Thoughts?

tyler

ATLANTA (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines on Tuesday began selling upgrades =
for=20
first-class seats on select flights from 14 airports, with prices=20
determined by the trip's distance.

First-class seat upgrades for flights under 800 miles are $40; flights=20
between 800 and 1,599 miles are $60 and flights farther than 1,600 miles =
are=20
$80.

Frequent flier mileage award tickets are not eligible for the upgrades,=20
which also are not applicable to seven classes of Delta's =
least-expensive=20
fares.

The company's most frequent customers will retain priority on =
first-class=20
upgrade requests, Delta spokeswoman Peggy Estes said.

The option is offered only on flights with sufficient first-class=20
availability, with passengers required to pay at the gate. The carrier =
found that=20
about a third of such seats were going unused, prompting the decision as =
a=20
way to boost revenue, she said.

Delta will expand the upgrades later this year to all airports it serves =

in the 48 contiguous states. It expects to generate $40 million in =
annual=20
revenue after all the airports are included.

Airports now in the program are: Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati, =
Dallas-Fort=20
Worth, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York's Kennedy and=20
LaGuardia airports, Orlando, Fla., Salt Lake City, San Francisco, =
Seattle and=20
Washington's National airport.