Global Airlines question

Just read in the new issue of Airliner World about this supposed "Global
Airlines" looking to start up.

Supposedly they are looking at buying everything 100 planes - everything from
737's right up to 747-400's. I have expected to see B1900's on the list, too!
They say that this was the outfit that tried to buy TWA and US Air recently.

Pardon my skepticism, but WHO are these people, and just WHAT are their
plans??? I can't see the market for any new startup with 100 planes here in
the US.

Anybody know if this is someone's pipe dream, or does this thing actually
stand a chance of getting off the ground?

Thanks,

Frank