NY Times Article..TT Survivor saw UA plane headed...

At the risk of sounding a bit Macabre, I have always
wondered if any of the victims (survivors) of the Twin
Towers attack saw either of the aircraft headed for
them....

I got my answer today, Ironically, as we were outbound
on CO EWR-ATL, the gentleman in seat 4B across from me
was reading the front portion of the Sunday NY Times,
which featured several pages titled 'Fighting to Live,
as the Towers Died'.....I noticed the article, and he
gave me the paper when he was finished......

This excerpt was especially interesting, the gentleman
mentioned here got out in time, and the whole article
is a fascinating, chilling, and horrific account of
what went on inside the towers.....

I quote from the NY Times,

"9:02
South Tower, 81st Floor, Fuji Bank, 57 minutes to
collapse....

Yes, Stanley Praimnath told the caller from Chicago,
he was
fine. He had actually evacuated to the lobby of the
south
tower, but a security guard told him to go back. Now,
he
was again at his desk at Fuji Bank. "I'm fine," he
repeated.

As he would later tell his story, those were his final
words before he spotted it.

A gray shape on the horizon. An airplane, flying past
the
Statue of Liberty. The body of the United Airlines jet
grew
larger until he could see a red stripe on the
fuselage.
Then it banked and headed directly toward him.

Another one.

"Lord, you take over!" he remembers yelling,
dropping under his metal desk.

At 9:02:54, the nose of the jetliner smashed directly
into
Mr. Praimnath's floor, about 130 feet from his desk. A
fireball ignited. Steel furnishings and aluminum plane
parts were torn into white-hot shrapnel. A blast wave
hurled computers and desks through windows, and ripped
out
bundles of arcing electrical cables. Then the south
tower
seemed to stoop, swinging gradually toward the Hudson
River, ferociously testing the steel skeleton before
snapping back."

...This  portion of the article goes on to say that a
piece of aluminum off the aircraft pierced the door of
his office.....

Thought some of you folks might be interested in this,
go to the Times website and register and read the
whole article (for free) if you wish....

So hazy today, could not even see Manhattan from EWR!

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA