Shame! QANTAS! Shame!

What this report doesn't mention is that the passenger flew from ADL to =
BNE without a carer and had no problems on getting on that flight. So =
why the big deal for the return flight? Maybe trying to scam a few extra =
dollars out of the passenger?

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,4369364%255E13762,00.html=

Man cabs it from QLD to SA
22may02

A disabled Adelaide man has paid a Brisbane cab driver more than $5000 =
to drive him home after he was not allowed to board a Qantas flight at =
Brisbane airport.

The man, who wanted to remain anonymous, was refused a seat by Qantas =
because he was not travelling with a carer, Channel Seven news reported. =

Driver Ken Marshall said he was approached by a federal Police officer =
at Brisbane airport on Monday and asked if his Yellow Cab maxi-taxi had =
wheelchair access.=20

"Next thing I know I'm speaking to my customer and he said he wanted to =
go to Adelaide. I nearly fell over backwards," Mr Marshall told Channel =
Seven.=20

He said the fare was paid up front for the three-day trip.=20

"This fare's five and a half thousand dollars - its just over 2000 =
kilometres from Brisbane to Adelaide and, of course, I've got to go back =
so there's going to be about a 4500km round trip," Mr Marshall said. The =
cab is expected to get to Adelaide tomorrow afternoon.=20

No-one at Yellow Cabs' Brisbane office was available to talk about the =
unusual trip.=20

A Qantas spokeswoman said it was airline policy that anyone requiring =
constant care needed to travel with a carer on a flight.=20

She said the passenger had been booked on an evening flight to Adelaide =
on Sunday night but had failed to turn up for the flight and had arrived =
at the airport the following morning.=20

She said the airline offered special concession fares for carers =
accompanying passengers.=20