Re: U.S. Won't Allow Guns in Cockpits

David Ross wrote:
> One last word on this then I'll leave it, too.
> Australia banned guns, crime shot up (no pun intended).

The nice thing about statistics is that you can always find something that
will prove your point...

Here in Denmark guns have been banned ever since they were invented (or some
time just about then), and I'm sorry to report that in this well-developed
country (our standard of living is higher than both Australia and the United
States by all accepted international ways of measurement) we have very
little crime compared to these two countries, and of a much 'milder' nature.

The NRA and its supporters must realise that the public arms-race only
escalates the nature of the crimes. As Bahadir said, give the pilots side
arms and the terrorists will bring explosives next time...

Security must be stepped up on the ground to prevent anyone from bringing
anything dangerous aboard the aircraft. What good is 1 sky marshall when he
is incapacitated by 4 terrorists? And the two pilots in the cockpit will
probably also be outnumbered by the terrorists who have also received their
share of weapons training. Remember that the armed cockpit door must be
opened in order for the pilots to fire their weapons. That will not be a
one-way opening!!!

Rgds
Jan Broe
EKCH ATC
Fan of the most peaceful, yet effective solutions