SF Gate: Cathay Pacific plans to create 1,300 jobs in Hong Kong

=20
This article was sent to you by someone who found it on SF Gate.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=3D/news/archive/2002/05/09/f=
inancial0823EDT0030.DTL
Thursday, May 9, 2002 (AP)
Cathay Pacific plans to create 1,300 jobs in Hong Kong

   (05-09) 05:23 PDT HONG KONG (AP) --
   Cathay Pacific Airways announced plans Thursday to create about 1,300 jo=
bs
in Hong Kong over the next two years to handle additional flights as it
adds six new jets to its fleet.
   Cathay said it will recruit 200 cabin crew members this year and another
800 in 2003, as well as 60 airport and office staff in coming months. It
will also take on 235 pilots.
   "We are confident that the new hires will help meet our future operation=
al
needs as the airline raises capacity and works to increase its market
share when demand in the air travel market grows," said William Chau,
Cathay's personnel director.
   Betting that commercial air traffic will continue its recovery from the
world terrorism crisis, the Hong Kong-based carrier ordered six new jets
-- three each from rival manufacturers Boeing and Airbus -- two weeks ago.
The planes will be delivered between this year and 2004.

=20
Copyright 2002 AP