Trip Report SFO-GLA via AMS

Hello to all on the list..... this is a bit late....

April 8th: Arrived at SFO at 1230pm and took me 1hr to check my bag.. only 2
agents working the desk. At the security check point I was picked for a
random search.. shoes off and thru the xray maching. I was then picked for
another random search at the gate prior to boarding...

KLM 606 SFO-AMS. MD-11 PH-KCG ... Flight departed at 405pm with arrival AMS
at 11am . Total flying time 9hrs 45mins (nice tail wind). Seat 34b. I Love
the MD-11 aircraft and what big wings it has... It is a nice change from the
ususal boeing crafts across the pond... Meal service consisted of veggie
lasagna for dinner, several snacks, followed by fish, spinich and tattor tots
for breakfast....Flight route was rather "south" taking us over the labrador
coast, the bottom of iceland, over the west of Scotland, across  the N. sea
and into AMS....

April 9th UK2095 205pm AMS-GLA. F-100 G-UKFR. Seat 6C. Flying time 1hr
30mins. This was my first time on a Fokker craft and now I understand why
American, and USair ordered these funny birds. During take-off you could not
hear the engines (are they on??), and the legroom (thanks to UK) was
fantastic.. more legroom than the KLM MD-11 (but thats the carriers
choice)...On board service consisted of a hot ham/gamon sandwhich, soda, and
nuts.

April 18th arrived at GLA at 410am with only few in line.. After a cup of
coffee and breakfast I passed thru security without any lines or being
searched...UK 2097 610am GLA-AMS F-100 G-UKFR. Seat 11C Flying time 1hr
15mins. Same aircraft as inbound flight, but this time it made a horrible
noise (high pitched) for most of the flight..Perhaps it needed some
wd40...Breakfast was served hot bacon roll, nuts and coffee...

April 18th KLM 605 1130am AMS-SFO MD-11 PH-KCG. Seat 31B. Flying time 10hrs
15mins. (Also same aircraft as inbound KLM flight). Flight took a northern
course on the way home.. over the east coast of Scotland, Iceland, Greenland,
down over Hudson bay towards Vancouver, and south to San Francisco... Some
great views of Greenland were available....Meals consisted of the usual beef
or veggie lasagna...several snacks and a sandwhich prior to landing...
Overall flight was smooth.

Over all the service was worth what I paid..... the standard of service was
low.... the fare I paid was low...

SFO- San Francisco
AMS-Amsterdam Schipol... easy transit!
GLA- Glasgow Scotland