TWA's B717's are on the move

    Ray, Grant and the rest of the folks down under can start watching for up
to six of TWA's 717's. The first passed through ANC today. Reg is VH-VQI. The
crew told me that five more will follow. They are bound for a "subsidiary of
Qantas". Impulse maybe? I'm having trouble keeping track of who owns what in
Australia. The 717 seems to have a pretty short range. It arrived over the
weekend from BFI and then left today for Petropavlosk with a refueling stop
in Nome. The odd thing is that the aircraft was unpainted. The rudder had the
TWA paint but the rest is bare aluminum and composite. Maybe they'll stop
along the way for a paint job. Gotta go, summer is upon us and the first golf
course just opened. :-))
Stuart Bigler
ANC ATCT