Re: If I ran United... - Travel Booking Challenge YVR-ATL-TAB-ATL-YVR

Speaking of Travel Agents, I forgot to post the results to my challenge a
few weeks back.

The challenge was eve to see if one could even find an online service that
would BOOK the routing in question.

In summary, the routing was YVR-ATL, stay for four days, ATL-TAB-ATL over
the weekend, start for four days in ATL and back home to YVR.

The CLOSEST I managed was using Air Canada's PTO product, that depending
when I tried it complained and said I should call an agent for pricing.

One web site got it all (Travelocity), but gave me routing choices that were
simply not realistic. It also had a price of $3400USD.

My travel agent booked it all on one ticket, (three paper booklets!) for
$1000USD.  My agent, once again, earned EVERY cent of the fee that pays the
bills.

Matthew

[snip]