Re: If I ran United...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis W Zeuch" <DZTOPS@aol.com>
To: <AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 12:08
Subject: Re: If I ran United...

> Its a sad joke of what it was 20 years ago when NO ONE was upgraded
> for free and folks up front all paid big bucks and they got some real
special
> treatment (usually)
I've heard this several times, but what exactly has changed?

> I think UAL and the others should look at doing away with it
completely-its
> gotta be a money loseing deal and if all the majors followed would help
> everyone.
Do that and there's no reason not to fly WN based on cost considerations,
or on a greatly expanded YX clone for luxury.

So what's their competitive advantage vs. WN then?  Certainly not cost.
Or Midwest Express?  Certainly not service.

And who says FC upgrades are where they're losing money?  Anyone seen any
hard data?