Re: Old Airport Buildings

----- Original Message -----
From: <WaterskiPilot@aol.com>
To: <AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: Old Airport Buildings

> In a message dated 4/27/02 7:48:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
wlw-jr@att.net
> writes:
>

> > Yes, it's used by AirNet as I recall?
> > I should be there within a week or two..I'll do my best to check it out.
> >
> > Walter
> > DCA
> >

> It might be used by ScareNet.  Gerry, do you know the exact street
address?

It looks as if it is 4920 East Fifth Avenue.  See:

http://209.51.193.83/scripts/mmweb5.pl?ent1=010-192064&zoom=0&stype=p&pname=
1942748&pid=010-192064&pick=&intersect=

Which I believe to be the building.  I haven't figured the significance of
the numbers on the map.  An aerial photograph is at

http://209.51.193.83/scripts/mmweb5.pl

> I have the annual report (I still own a whopping ten shares) and it lists
an
> address on Fifth, this is a quote from page 7 of the 2001 annual report.
>
> "AirNet leases additional space at 4700 East Fifth Avenue, also located on
> Port Authority of Columbus land.  The space is used for administrative
> support personnel."

Searching the Auditor's site for 4700 East Fifth Avenue and various other
spellings of that address did not result in any hits.

> Proud to be an American,
> Jim Hann
> Waterski J-41 Captain
> STL

I haven't tried to talk to any local outfits about the historical
significance of the building.

Thanks for the interest, Jim

Gerry K8EF

http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley/