New home for Ansett's 767-200s - maybe

Howdy all

I have been informed by a First Officer of Transaero that the airline is
currently looking at getting 2 of the Ansett 767-200s. Details at this time
are sketchy, but I have had it "confirmed" by someone else, that Transaero
are in fact looking at this option.

Whether it occurs or not, is a different story, but it would be nice to see
the aircraft live out their days with UN. We can only hope that if it does
occur, that their operations are long lasting than the DC-10, 757, A310 and
767s which they have operated in the past.

But it gets me to thinking. One what routes would UN operate the aircraft? I
know that they have rights to TPE. Surely routes to Europe don't need such a
large aircraft.

Also, does anyone know what the status of the Ansett 767-200s are at this
time?

Cheers

Scotty