Re: improving air travel

I'll agree that service to the public has deteriorated in other industries as
well and that most companies are trying to get more productivity from their
employees.  But I stand by my statement that rude surly public contact
airline employees (ticket counter, gate counter and flight attendants)
wouldn't keep their jobs for long, let alone 30 or 40 year careers, if they
were working in a major department store, specialty store, restaurant, hotel
chain, etc.

Why is it that some airlines allow their employees to verbally abuse their
paying customers, especially in times like these when the airlines are
bleeding cash like hell?  I'm not talking about all employees - just the bad
apples that cause people to switch airlines in the future or drive instead of
fly.  Maybe if people start refusing to take crap from the bad apples and
complain verbally to the supervisors and in letters to the CEO, the airlines
would start to take notice.

Jose Prize