Re: Changing seats after take-off

Jan,

No offence taken at all.

My thoughts on it is, Americans wish for more personal space.  Most moving
around I have seen/done has to do with open space somewhere else.  Like if
I'm assigned a seat in a row that I have people next to me, but the row
three behind and to my right has just someone at the window (I'm assuming
single isle 6 abreast) I'll move back so there is not someone sitting right
next to me.  Not saying this is the only answer, but from what I've seen
Europeans are a closer bunch then us Yanks, so I would guess that is a lot
of it.

Shawn
KDCA