From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU]On Behalf Of
Douglas Kroll
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 2:35 PM
To: AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: LGA-NAS USAIRWAYS 1979 question

hey all,
last week i was fortunate enough to go down to the bahamas on spring break
and was on a USAIRWAYS 737-400 from LGA to nassau...the gate agent informed
us all that we would be making a fuel stop in raleigh durham because the
runways at LGA weren't long enough for the plane to take off with the amount
of fuel that was needed..supposedly the headwinds were very strong that
day..i just thought it was weird to have a fuel stop on a scheduled 2.5 hour
flight to the carribean..i was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this
before...thanks guys

doug kroll