Re: A tough question

Jan Broe <janbroe@post8.tele.dk> wrote:

<snip>
>She thought that a call to the local aviation nerd (me!) could answer
>her questions, but I had to disappoint her. Can any of you help a
>young woman in distress? ;-)

Jan,
   This is a follow on from my message of yesterday. I have checked
my PC at work and I found a reference to the following website:
  http://www.apo.data.faa.gov
When you have reached that page, select 'ATADS' and then 'Towers'.
This gives you access to a data base with very detailed movement
data for all towered airports in the USA. Data can be obtained on
a yearly, monthly or daily (!) basis back to about 1990. The database
interface is slowish and requires a bit of getting used to (remember
to reset between searches, otherwise the searches accumulate).
   The actual database interface seems to be Windows and/or Internet
Explorer specific. When I use my normal mount (Netscape on OS/2), I
can get to the basic page, but the frame where the database interface
should be, is just blank. Using IE on Windows NT works just fine
though. Who said Bill Gates owns the U.S. government ;)
   You could also have a look at the airport data as available from
  http://www.airnav.com
For every US airport you care to mention, it gives a couple of
pages of data. This includes a paragraph with based aircraft
and movement numbers. The movement numbers are roughly similar
to what the FAA provides. But Airnav does not specify the
period, so the data could aply to last year or to five years ago. =

                            Kees de Lezenne Coulander
-- =

  C.M. de Lezenne Coulander
  Aircraft Development and Systems Engineering B.V.
  Hoofddorp, The Netherlands

  =