Re: A tough question

Jan Broe <janbroe@post8.tele.dk> wrote:

>I just had a call from a colleague at work. She has been asked to find
>some material regarding the operations figures for civil airports
>across the Globe, including number of operations, percentage
>scheduled flights, percentage charters, school- and training
>flights etc.
>She has checked the ACI (Airport Council International) Report, but
>this 'only' contains data for their 700 member airports. There are
>another 5000 or so small and large airports worldwide that are
>not included. Especially datat for small and medium sized fields
>have proven hard to find.
>Furthermore she needs data for military airfields. How many are there?
?What size are they (in number of movements)? Who run them? Local
>governments or international organisations like NATO?

   For towered airports in the U.S. a surprising amount of detail
about movements is available through the website of the FAA. It
comes broken down into Air Carrier, Air Taxi (incl commuter), General
Aviation and Military. I do not have the exact web address here on
my machine at home, but I will try to get it when I return to the office
tomorrow.
                           Kees de Lezenne Coulander
-- =

  C.M. de Lezenne Coulander
  Aircraft Development and Systems Engineering B.V.
  Hoofddorp, The Netherlands

  =