Re: Airline Travel Agent Commissions

Nope.

My particular market doesn't participate in the "incredibly insane beat
up the other airline with fares that have to be purchased by tomorrow,
only valid on one day of the week psychotic restrictions." I'm talking
standard single carrier, multiple possible routings 1, 3, 7 and 14 day
advance with or without Saturday stay.

When I'm bored and have the time, our charade is that I find the best
fare, quote the specific flight #s, fares and sometimes the specific
booking and fare codes. I email them over and leave it as a challenge to
try and beat it.

I've travelled west coast to east coast nearly every week for three
years, he has failed to beat or match it only once. (I couldn't find the
fare again anyways.)

As we all know, the airline industry's fare structures are one of the
worlds most complex creations. I think it's naive to think that lowly
consumer with a poor set of tools can compete with someone who has years
of experience, a superior set of tools and who's profession it is to
'beat up on airlines.'

Matthew