Fwd: ORBIS Canada and Air Canada Unveil Newly Painted Flying Eye Hospital in Toronto

>ORBIS Canada and Air Canada Unveil Newly Painted Flying Eye Hospital in
>Toronto
>

>     TORONTO, March 28 /CNW/ - ORBIS Canada and Air Canada today unveiled the
>newly painted ORBIS DC-10 aircraft; the world's only Flying Eye Hospital. Air
>Canada's Technical Services employees, as a gift-in-kind from the airline,
>painted the aircraft.
>
>     The new look is in celebration of ORBIS's 20th anniversary.
>     "There are 145 million needlessly blind or nearly blind people on earth
>today. Canadians have an inordinate record of vigorous and consistent
>contributions toward the elimination of global blindness" said Dr. Brian
>Leonard, President of ORBIS Canada. "We are proud that Air Canada chose to
>support ORBIS so generously, particularly during a period of such challenging
>times for the airline industry," he said.
>     ORBIS, a non-profit organization that operates a fully equipped teaching
>facility inside a DC-10 aircraft, aims to eradicate avoidable blindness
>worldwide by 2020. The aircraft is used as a teaching facility and to conduct
>land-based hospital programs, a childhood blindness initiative and long term
>programs in developing countries. In 20 years, ORBIS has completed more than
>500 programs in more than 80 countries, has treated more over 23,000 patients
>and trained over 54,000 health care workers.
>     "Air Canada and its employees are proud to support ORBIS through the
>donation of their time and their expertise in painting the ORBIS DC-10," said
>David Ramage, Vice President Operations, Air Canada Technical Services. "This
>initiative is consistent with our ongoing support to organizations that
>provide humanitarian aid here in Canada and around the globe."
>     The work was conducted by Air Canada Technical Services which is
>responsible for the maintenance, engineering, repair, supply and purchasing to
>support Air Canada's mainline fleet of more than 220 aircraft, as well as
>third party technical services, in five maintenance categories: airframes,
>engines, components, line and aircraft cabins.
>     As a result of the events of September 11, ORBIS elected to suspend its
>DC-10 operation. The aircraft is scheduled to return to service in July of
>this year.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@escape.ca
Trinbago site: http://www.tntisland.com
CBSC Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(HCL) http://www.hcltt.com/
(HCL Group of Companies)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://search.co.tt