Re: Collecting WN plastic boarding passes=Federal crime!

On Wednesday, March 20, 2002, at 04:06  PM, W Wilson wrote:

> then mentioned, I was wondering since I am hoping to collect a few.  She
> jumped back at me something similar to, "Oh No, the FAA sent a letter to
> Dallas saying that is not going to be allowed and they were very serious
> about it.  In fact, we just got a letter a couple weeks ago that if any
> employee is caught having them in their possession, taking them or
> giving
> them out, it will be a federal crime".

This sounds remarkably stupid (but since the federal government is
involved, that sounds about par for the course).  I can see having the
boarding passes now would be a problem, but once they are no longer in
use, what's the big deal?  Are they afraid the security screeners will
think they're still good and people who aren't traveling will be able to
gain access to the gates?

Once Southwest converts fully to paper boarding passes and the plastic
ones are no longer in use, they're just well worn strips of colored
plastic...

--
David Mueller / SAN
kawika42@mac.com