Collecting WN plastic boarding passes=Federal crime!

During a one day jaunt to ISP yesterday on WN, I inquired to an agent when
the plastic boarding cards would be terminated.  She advised me in June.  I
then mentioned, I was wondering since I am hoping to collect a few.  She
jumped back at me something similar to, "Oh No, the FAA sent a letter to
Dallas saying that is not going to be allowed and they were very serious
about it.  In fact, we just got a letter a couple weeks ago that if any
employee is caught having them in their possession, taking them or giving
them out, it will be a federal crime".  Another agent walked up at that
point and asked, "You must be talking about the boarding cards", and the
first agent replied, "yep, and I was hoping to collect a complete set of at
least one of each color.  I went through the "oh really, I can't believe it"
routine and the first agent replied, "the employees are mad too".

Walter
DCA